At Roj Women, we understand how difficult it can be to seek help if someone experiencing domestic abuse or other forms of violence. We deliver free, confidential, holistic, bilingual (Turkish and English), and culturally sensitive services to Kurdish, Turkish, Cypriot, and other Turkish-speaking women from different backgrounds. We are to provide a diverse range of support to victims and survivors experiencing immigration issues, facing a language barrier, having limited knowledge and experience of the UK as intensifying factors of gender-based violence.
Roj Women is here to support whatever the victims/survivors decide. Supporting women who have experienced violence and abuse are at the core of everything we do. We run a specialist service to help survivors access safety and rebuild their lives. We understand each person’s circumstances and needs are different. Our specialist staff work closely, and confidentially, with each service user to develop a support plan. We provide support for domestic violence, sexual violence, forced marriage, other types of harmful practices, and gender-based violence in all forms.
The support services we offer are tailored to the needs of each person. These include:
- Information and advice in Turkish and English
- Work with all levels of risk, including cases that have been assessed as high-risk cases
- Referral and presentation to MARAC
- Emotional and practical support
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Information on health, housing, benefits, financial support
- Work with the police, social services, and other local authorities to keep our clients safe
- Assistance regarding legal options, report to the police, child arrangements
- Help in navigating the criminal justice system
- Offer onward referrals to specialist support agencies in the local area where appropriate
To apply for this service, please contact us on: 07851800312 and email@example.com